Friday, March 21, 2014

I did it....

I can't believe I've waited this long in my couponing career to finally figure this out... What was I thinking?

Many of you know that some grocery stores around give gas points.  I've never paid much attention to the promotion because there aren't any within 20 miles of my home and I've never known  anyone to do them.  UNTIL NOW!!!  I'm hooked.  It did take me a couple of weeks of reading peoples experiences, shopping trips and asking lots of questions, but I've figured it out and I CAN'T BE STOPPED!!!


This week Giant is running 2 gas promotions where you buy x number of products and get x of gas.  Without too many details, here is how I got

    • 12 Ziploc Bags
    • 16 Campbell Soup
    • 2 PopTarts
    • 8 Boxes of Pasta
    • 24 Propel Fitness Waters
    • 20 Pack of Diet Coke
    • 3 Bottles of Windex
    • 1 Bag of Chips
    • 5 Scrubbing Bubbles Cleaners
    • 8 Boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats
    • and a bag of Bananas

FOR $1.19
It says I paid $0.02 but I really didn't.

WHAT - I know what you are thinking.

I did a total of 11 deals for a up to $3.70 off per gallon.  I paid out of pocket $79.61 with very few coupons.  I then went to the gas station and filled up my Mini Van (I have twins) and then filled up my 5 gallon gas tank (that I purchased at Walmart for $16.xx) for a total of 21.608 gallons.  I could have gotten up to 30 gallons but my car wasn't completely empty.  I was shooting for 25 gallons.  Oh well.  Next week I will master this part.

I took a picture of my 2 Giant receipts and my gas station receipt to show, but you can't really see.  Here is what it says:
Shopping Trip 1: $59.60
Shopping Trip 2: $20.01
Gas Station:  You redeemed 3629 gas extra rewards points for a savings $3.63 per gallon totaling $78.42 this purchase.
Gas - Shopping Trips = $1.19



NOW ASK YOURSELF, WOULD I PAY $1.19 FOR ALL THAT?







Some other tidbits:

  • This was a Giant of PA, NOT Maryland (Maryland is slightly different as you can only get up to $2.20 off per gallon)
  • Yes, I am obsessed
  • Here is a great site to help you learn more:  ForTheMommas, just look for Giant deals
  • The closest Giant of PA is in Jennersville near the hospital
  • The closest Giant Gas Station is in New London (actually Kennett Square)
  • No, I did not buy needless stuff just to get free gas, these are all things my family will use
  • You have to have gas to go places, why not get it for FREE or darn close to it
  • Yes, I sit at home most days couponing in my head
  • I actually earned an additional discounts of $5.00 from SavingsStar bringing my total to a moneymaker of $3.81.  I didn't want to complicate the story too much.
  • You can do it too

No comments:

Post a Comment