ONLY SPEND $200.00
ON GROCERIES, TOILETRIES, DIAPERS, WIPES, CLEANERS
AND ANYTHING YOU THINK YOU WOULD BUY AT THE STORE.
$200.00 for a family of 5, two of which are in diapers and five of us that really like to eat. You read that right. Of course I used coupons and shopped the sales and became completely obsessed with reaching this goal.... Here are some pics of the grocery shopping trips - you know I like to take pics.
So, I'm sure you wanna know - Did I do it? Well.... ALMOST. I went over in a moment of weakness. I put off getting somethings that I had to have in a timely manner and then I ended up picking up a few other things that I didn't really plan for and what do you know, I went over by $32.66. BUT I SAVED OVER $800.00. Here is the breakdown:
|Date||Store||Original Price||Out of Pocket||$ Savings||% Savings|
|2/11/2014||Walgreens||3.88 GiftCard, .91||$7.18||60|
|2/12/2014||Rite Aid||13.77 GiftCard|
|2/21/2014||Rite Aid||1.34 GiftCard|
|2/21/2014||CVS||.86 GiftCard 6.84||$19.60||74|
|2/26/2014||Rite Aid||5.30 GiftCard|
|Date||Store||Original Price||OOP||Savings||% Savings|
What I've learned for March -
- I need a slightly bigger budget. After all, March has 31 days. So I'm shooting for $250.00.
- I'm super thankful for ShopRite and there dollar doubles promotion.
- I go to the store a lot. Thanks to my wonderful husband for working so hard so that I can do that.
- Saving money is an awesome feeling.
- I think I like budgets.
- Cash is the way to go. It is so easy to see what you have remaining when it is right in front of you.
- I need to go buy some Diet Coke - I just drank the last one!