Monday, December 26, 2011

The $30 Challenge!!!

As most of you know, I am a stay at home mom and I love the challenge of saving money, trying to save money, and doing all of the fun things with my daughter and family but just less expensive....

I've shared with several of you in person that I challenge myself to spend only $30.00 per week on groceries, eating out, shopping, errands, etc.  The only thing that I do not include in my $30 challenge is gas and the house hold bills. (And my $50 trip to Martin's today to make dinner for my in-laws)

I have been doing this for over a month now and it really isn't all that hard to do.  Some of you may think that you couldn't possibly do anything fun and buy all of your groceries for only $30.  NOT TRUE!!! It does take a little creativity and pre-planning but it is totally do-able.  I start my week on Mondays and any money I have from the previous week just gets added to my weekly pot. 

Still not convinced?  Follow me this week as I show you how I spend my $30.  It shouldn't be that hard considering the grocery stores aren't enticing me in and neither are the drug stores... Might be an entertainment type of week.

No comments:

Post a Comment