Monday, December 26, 2011

Lasagna in the Crock Pot???

Warning, this post has nothing to do with saving money or dreaming of saving money....

Tonight I made dinner for my father-in-law and his wife and I was trying to make something semi-healthy after the last week of fat laden cookies, fudge, pies, food, food and food.  I came across a recipe for Slow Cooker Lasagna... yeah, that's right, lasagna in a crock pot. 

I had my serious doubts about making this dish and after reading all of the reviews about how good it was and how easy it was to make, I decided I would give it a try.  (So after going to the grocery store and shopping without any coupons, I was crushed but really wanted to make this dish) I put it all together and put it in the dish and turned it on.  After an hour, I peeked in, it looked and smelled really good.  I was getting excited because this was going to work out after all and I WAS GOING TO LOOK LIKE A GREAT WIFE AND DAUGHTER-IN-LAW...

Family gets here, dinner is served.... and wah-lah!  IT WAS A HIT(Even Mr.B liked it and he doesn't like much that I make). It really was great and so easy to make.  So I wanted to share the recipe with you all.  Now before you start thinking it can't be good because it is a Weight Watcher recipe, it really is great!!!  I just wish I took a picture of it to show you!

If you need an idea for dinner this week and have some of these items laying around, make it.  I promise it will be so worth it.  I think the next time I try it, I may slip some extra veggies in there like shredded Zucchini, Carrots or Spinach...

No comments:

Post a Comment