Monday, January 9, 2012

$30 Challenge, Week 3

Welcome to the 3rd week of the $30 Challenge .  If you are just tuning in, check out my previous posts or the $30 Challenge Page.

So Week 2 was a little bit of a wash out and I went over my budget by $23.38.  ooopsie.  Week 3, I'm gonna start fresh and try a little harder.  I got a little carried away with the fast food last week and the Christmas bargains at Walmart were just a little too good and I needed a few things to store away my Christmas decorations.  Are these excuses?  Hmm...  This week I will try and document more with pictures all of the things I spend my budget on so that it puts everything into perspective.

Here is how I spent my week:
  • Martins $7.30
  • McDonald's - $5.91
  • Target $1.82
  • Chick-fil-A $7.80
  • Walmart $21.03
  • Rite Aid $9.52
Total: $53.38(ugh oh)

Here are two more pointers to try and keep your budget maintainable
(yeah, cause I totally did that during week 2): 
  • Use what you have already purchased in your home to survive on.  May it be groceries, toiletries, office supplies, etc.  Get creative and look up new recipes.  I've had my in-laws over for dinner twice and have made dinners from what I had already had in the house.  You just have to think outside the box and play around. 
  • Share meals with your family/friends if you chose to spend your budget going out to eat.  This is really easy with Lady G and I because she rarely eats all of her meal and I always bring a few things with me to supplement what I know she might not eat. I just try to pick something that is semi-healthy and that I know/hope she will eat.
Thinking that this is impossible?  My friend checked in to let me know that her family of 4 spent only $40.68 for last week.  So it might be a challenge, but worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment