Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursdays at the.... GROCERY STORE

Change of plans, since I went to Milburn's on Tuesday with my walking friends, we skipped the mall today....

Instead, Little G and I celebrated Sweat Pants Day (at least in our house) and went to the grocery stores to pick up some deals.  Here's what we got!!!
Here's the breakdown:
Total Before Coupons at Both ACME and Martins - $184.53
Total After Coupons at Both ACME and Martins - $54.21
Savings of 70% - Not my best, but decent for sure. 
55 Items = about $1.00 per item

I had coupons for everything except for the fruit, the Deli Thins Bread, Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix, Diet Coke and the lunch meat, however all of it was on sale and made for other deals.
  • The Pepperidge Farms Deli Thins were $2.99 at Martins but I discovered that you got $1.00 off any pre-package lunch meat with purchase, which I had already picked up and was in my shopping cart.  The bread package also had a $1.00 off an Campbell's Select soup coupon attached to it, so I went and picked up the cheapest can for $1.67 - so $.67 and I'll eat it for sure.
  • The General Mills Cereal deal at Martins turned out really well, here's what you can do.  Trix and Lucky Charms are on Sale 2 for $5.00.  When you buy 4, you get $4 off instantly and a coupon for $4.50 towards a gallon of milk.  Go here and print 2 '$1.10 off 2 boxes of GM cereal'.  So after you buy 4, that's $10, minus your $4 off instantly, and your coupons of $2.10 = $3.90 for 4 boxes of cereal (my stock up price is anything under $1.00) PLUS you get a Catalina for a free gallon of milk up to $4.50.  Milk doesn't cost more than $4.00 at Martins and the extra will towards the rest of your order so make sure you have extra items in your cart. In the end, it's a money maker of a deal - can't pass it up.
  • If you read about the Gold Peak Iced Tea deals before - They're back.  Go here and like them on facebook to print out 2 $1.00 off coupons for the single serve size.  These are both on sale for $1.00 at Martins and ACME.  In Martins, they are located in the back by the pre-packaged cheese, subs, deli area in the cooler.  In ACME, they are in the Iced Tea aisle.  FREE TEA!!
  • The toothpaste deal at Martins that I talked about earlier in the week, worked great except for the instant $3.00 coming off.  No problem, customer service gave me $3.00 cash back.  Check out the details here.
  • At ACME, Crest Toothpaste is on sale for $1.00.  Use the $1.00 off coupons from the last P & G insert and get you some free toothpaste - BY THE WAY, NEVER PAY MONEY FOR TOOTHPASTE!!
  • The Eggland's Best Eggs were still a great deal at $.78 per dozen even without the e-coupon from Martins (I previously used it and I guess it doesn't load again).  Stock up price for sure, I mean, as much as you can stock up on eggs.
  • Also at ACME - Lloyd's BBQ is on sale for $3.99 (normally $6.99).  I used 2 coupons for $1.00 off from the 8/28 SS to pay only $2.99 a piece.  Easy dinners for Mama!!!
Things to remember, ACME deals end on Thursdays, so if your interested, do it today.  Martins only doubles 1 like coupon per transaction, so break them up to get the best savings.

If you have any questions, let me know and I'll try and help you out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment